Dompé’s research and production activities are concentrated at its centre in L’Aquila (the capital of the Abruzzi region), which was designed and built by Foster-Wheeler, and opened in 1993.
It has a surface area of more than 30,000 square metres, and is now an acknowledged international centre of excellence. It is also one of the principal pharmaceutical research and production sites in Central and Southern Italy, and its approximately 250 employees include more than 70 engaged in R&D.
Every year, it produces about 23 million internationally marketed packages of drugs for the treatment of common diseases and conditions.
Its high production capacity is due to the presence of efficiently harmonised preparation plants and packaging lines, which allow it to produce different pharmaceutical formulations (solid oral, liquid oral and topical formulations) at competitive prices: in particular, it has the largest granulator in Europe.
Alongside its production of “traditional” drugs, and as part of its commitment to biotechnological research and development activities, Dompé created a biotech production plant in 2000 that is used to produce recombinant proteins for the treatment of rare diseases. This has been authorised to produce biotechnological active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs) for clinical use in accordance with the principles of good manufacturing practice (GMP) since 2006.
The centre has thus been designed to host not only high-quality production facilities that satisfy international standards, but also a research and development division specialised in rare diseases, and a biotech plant for the production and development of proprietary and third-party molecules.
The site has been interested by a strengthening plan by means of a process completed in 2013 that involved industrial and research investments of respectively 11 and 7.5 million euros.
For its site in L’Aquila, Dompé has implemented a management system that satisfies the provisions contained in the standards UNI EN ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 14001:2004. It has also obtained the certification of excellence, a recognition awarded to a selection of companies that have demonstrated a responsible voluntary commitment in relation to company governance. The recognition, which was first awarded in 2000, has been received by a still limited number of companies that represent a virtuous and forward-looking niche.
- Certificate of Excellence
- Certificate UNI EN ISO 9001:2008
- Certificate ISO 14001:2004
- Certificate OHSAS 18001
- EU authorisation for the production, quality control, packaging and release of not necessarily sterile medicinal products for commercial use
- EU authorisation for the quality control and release of medicinal products, including biotechnological products, destined for use in clinical trials (IMP)
- ANVISA (Brazil) authorisation for the quality control of not necessarily sterile medicinal products for commercial use
- EU authorisation for the production, quality control, packaging and release of pharmacologically active raw materials of biotechnological origin destined for use in clinical trials
- Ministry of Health authorisation for the use of genetically modified micro-organisms in risk class 1 and 2 in accordance with Directive 98/81/CE and Legislative Decree No. 206 of 12 April 2001
- Ministry of Health authorisation as an assay centre using Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) for making chemico-physical and bioanalytical assays in non-clinical studies
- AIFA authorisation as a laboratory using Good Clinical Laboratory Practices (GCLP) for making bioanalytical assays for clinical trials
Via Campo di Pile, s.n.c. - 67100 L'Aquila (AQ)
Contact: +39 02 583831